Friday, January 13, 2012
Friday the 13th
It has become an Obstructed Views’ tradition to do a “holiday” post. So why should Friday the 13th be any different? Maybe it’s my own superstitions but here are 13 “freaky” facts about Friday the 13th:
1. In 2012 there are 3 Friday the 13ths – January, April, and July
2. The next Friday the 13th in April is….13 weeks away…..and July 13th is exactly….13 weeks after that
4. Most buildings in America do not have a 13th floor, many hospitals don’t have a room 13th, and many airlines don’t have a row 13
5. Friday the 13th will cost many businesses between $800-$900 million because people are afraid to travel, make major purchases, or conduct business
6. 13 is considered unlucky (irregular) because it follows 12 which is a considered a complete number….12 months in a year, 12 zodiac signs, 12 eggs in a dozen…etc….
7. Friday the 13th happens at least once every year and no more than 3 times in a year.
8. Franklin Delano Roosevelt would not travel on the 13th of any month and would never have just 13 dinner guests…he also refused to travel on the 13th
9. On the back of the dollar bill: There are 13 steps on the pyramid, 13 stars above the eagles head, 13 war arrows in the eagles claw, 13 leaves on the olive branch, 13 bars and stripes on the shield, 13 letters in the "E Pluribus Unum" on the ribbon…..
10. Born on Friday the 13th – Butch Cassidy, Fidel Castro, Peter Tork, Steve Buscemi, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Darius Rucker, and the Olsen Twins
12. The Friday the 13th movie franchise has 12 movies
13. A Baker’s Dozen is equal to 13