Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Thanksgiving Fun Facts
With Thanksgiving coming tomorrow, let’s take a look at some Thanksgiving fun facts:
1. Thanksgiving was declared a national Holiday in 1941
2. Ben Franklin wanted the Turkey to be our national bird
3. Turkeys can have heart attacks
4. Thomas Jefferson was opposed to the idea of Thanksgiving
5. 20% of cranberry consumption happens on Thanksgiving
6. Turkey, TX, Turkey Creek, LA and Turkey, N.C. are real places
7. After winning at Saratoga, all 13 colonies observed Thanksgiving for the first time in 1777
8. Minnesota has the most turkeys living there of any state
9. 91% of Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving
10. Owner George Richards decided to have the Detroit Lions play on Thanksgiving as a way to get more people into the stadium. They played for the first time in 1934.
11. A jive turkey is also known as a bullshitter
Well that’s all for today. I assure that the above facts are true because I’m no jive turkey. Until next time this is Jimbo saying Happy Thanksgiving and we are thankful for all of our loyal readers.